Project Reporting Resources
Browser Client (16m)
Latest capabilities (26m)
“Providing professional, consistent project, programme and portfolio reports out of the box. Saving you time bringing the information together and providing easy edit and publication options.”
Project Reporting, Programme Reporting and Portfolio Reporting
Project reporting is a very popular capability of our commercial products adding great value and saving PM’s loads of time.
Your projects contain lots of data in plans, logs, registers and also custom sources from Project, Planner or Excel files. When you run a report the system gets the data from your sources and uses this to create the report. Depending on the type of project reporting requested it may also include status and commentary information provided by the PM. Your report can also include properties and assurance data it has been auto generating for you.
Finished reports are then presented to you for review in either HTML, Word or Excel format. You can then print, save or use the Publish option to share them with members of your project team. Automated email notification links can also be sent to the team members.
Branding and styling of reports can be modified as can the data sources used and the types of analysis undertaken. Therefore giving you both an easy to use and powerfully extensible capability.
Permissions and licence types control which users have access to report production. Publishing means these users can easily share generated reports with a much wider audience. This is very popular for project boards and line of business reporting.
You can also roll up your project data to programme and portfolio levels. Many customers identify the time, cost and quality savings of this capability alone as sufficient to justify their investment.
Personalising your reports
As is usually the case with PROJECT in a box we give you a great solution off the shelf and the opportunity to modify if you wish. Your standard system includes a set of report layouts and pre-packaged saved report types. These report templates align with the data collected from projects based on the standard Method Templates. When you are ready to go further you can switch on and off items, change the views which control plan, resource, risk and issue report content and simply save your new report definition for private use or for others to use too. You can also go much further with your own layouts and custom content, much of it you can do yourselves or we can assist. Because no programming changes are required these changes are quick and easy to learn.
Example Project & Portfolio Reports
Use the links here to view some of the reports as published from various PROJECT in a box multi-user editions:
- Project Report (PDF) – default style created to word for final edit, set up for project team meeting.
- Alternative Project Report (PDF) – poster style created to word for final edit, set up for poster use or sponsor.
- Project Statement (PDF) – A one page summary of the project performance.
- Portfolio Poster Report (PDF) – poster style, word then edit and PDF, set up for department or account manager.
- Alternate Portfolio Report (PDF) – poster style, word then edit and PDF, alternate format with further detail.
- Multi-Portfolio Report (PDF) – your portfolios rolled up, in this case departments rolled up to organisation level
- Portfolio Issue Analysis (PDF) – detailed analysis on issues in a portfolio
- Project Document Assurance (xls) – assurance and usage data of project docs, filter and sort as you wish.
- Custom spreadsheet example (PDF) – Showing how the PM can include custom data from Excel files in the project automatically into the reports.
Community Edition – No project reporting provided except that within Planner.
Personal Edition – Core reporting supported including producing dashboards, project and portfolio reports. Also project document assurance. The report publishing capability is not available on Personal Edition.
Small Team Edition – Full project reporting and portfolio reporting capability supported on Small Team Edition. Only two users will be able to produce reports and can then publish them to the Report Library to share with the rest of the team.